List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] CMS Over My Head?
From:       Andreas Otto <andreas () php4win ! de>
Date:       2006-06-29 7:34:47

Hi Jerry,

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 19:27, Jerry wrote:
> I am managing a non-profit organization's web site, as I said in my earlier
> post. I do it from my desktop computer running the latest version Ubuntu.
> MYsql and php are on the Ubuntu applications list and some of the
> components are installed, but there are numerous associated apps listed
> that are not installed. Here's my question: My computer is not set up as a
> server and I'm not sure I want to do that, but I don't know because I don't
> know what I'm getting into.
>
> A local ISP hosts the website without cost. Their server is php compliant
> and it is probably MYsql compliant, also, but I don't know . . . which, of
> course, I can find out. So, on the TYPO3 download site there are two
> download #1, for those with MYsql and PHP already installed "on
> their server."

Go for this one.
Don't mess up your Ubuntu installation with any of the all-in-one packages
bringing TYPO3, Apache, MySQL and PHP on your machine.
Configure your MySQL DB, your Apache host on your own in order to understand
how everything is supposed to work.

If you have your infrastructure running installing TYPO3 is a walk in the
park. Mastering TYPO3 is a different story though ;-)

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Seit 18118728 Sekunden.