List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] CMS Over My Head?
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2006-06-28 23:41:36

On Thursday 29 June 2006 03:27, Jerry wrote:
> Here's my question: My computer is not set up as a
> server and I'm not sure I want to do that, but I don't know because I don't
> know what I'm getting into.

For testing and playing, installing from your distro is probably a good idea
if you want to try something new, however ....

> A local ISP hosts the website without cost.

You would be best off talking to the ISP and finding out if they support any
CMS... If they do, they may be able to let you run one for your site (They
might only offer this as an extra cost service - but it could be worth the
money).
Looking at your site, pretty much any CMS would be able to cope with the
content and layout, so go with what they recommend.

--
Andrew Lowe
    System Administrator & Programmer

Email:   andrew.lowe@manildra.com.au