List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Another Idea
From:       "Rodrigo Gadea" <rodrigo.gadea () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-27 19:05:46

Hi!

I don't know if there is already been developed, but something I
always wanted in Quanta is to have a more detailed preview of the
commands.

E.g. When I type "mysql_" Quanta shows differnts alternatives starting
with the string, the parameters that the function takes and the php
version in which it is avaible. This far is nothing new and OK. What I
saw in other editors and may be improved, not only in php/html but in
latex too ( http://www.latexeditor.org/ - I know, for win...), is a
traslucent pop-up that shows this and a brief description and may have
a link to a manual page, and may also contain hints.

Here is an screenshot:
http://www.latexeditor.org/ss11.htm

I know this is useful mostly for beginners, but maybe you find useful too.

I don't know if this should be in Quanta or in Kate, but I think it
may be helpful.

Cheers,

Rodrigo