List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] (no subject)
From:       Carl Hartung <suselinux () cehartung ! com>
Date:       2006-05-28 7:37:50

Hi Andras,

This part of Autumn's question is unclear to me:

> On Sunday 28 May 2006 01:08, Autumn Lansing wrote:
> > When using Quanta in preview mode with Apache2,

When I'm editing a web page in Quanta and I click the 'preview' button, Quanta
writes the (edited) document that is in memory to disk, prepends "preview-"
to the temporary filename then opens that file up in the internal browser.
This is how it provides a preview without one having to commit the changes to
the original file. Nowhere in this process, as I understand it, does the
preview browser expect to find that temporary document being published on a
local or remote server.

So, I guess my questions are as follows: Is my understanding of the normal
preview process, described above, correct? If so, is there also a way to
configure Quanta to publish the preview file in the directory being served
and to then acquire the preview from the server?

regards,

Carl