List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Deleting Projects
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-13 20:02:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 13 May 2006 21:29, Donald D Henson wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 18:49 +0300, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Saturday 13 May 2006 18:46, Donald D Henson wrote:
> > > Kind of a flaky way of doing it but whatever works.  Thanks.
> >
> > What would you expect? I think this is easy and straightforward way
> > to delete the (Quanta) project. To delete the whole project, delete
> > the project folder. I find it very simple.
>
> My expectation was that there would be a menu item under the Projects
> menu, "Delete Project". Deleting the project folder works and is
> simple once you know about it. It's just not the 'normal' way to do
> things.

The problem with the menu item is that it would delete the project you
are work on (the opened project). You usually don't have a Delete File
either for the opened document. ;-) And I don't remember seeing either
of the two in other IDEs (but I admit, it was long ago since I saw any
other IDE but Quanta or KDevelop).

Andras