List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Summer of Code 2006
From:       "Andras Mantia" <amantia () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2006-05-04 15:07:49

> Hi,
>
>> On Wednesday 26 April 2006 17:34, Aaron D. Campbell wrote:
>> > * I rarely actually use the debugger in Zend (which I actually really
>> > like), but I LOVE the way it underlines bad code in red (similar to
>> > ow spell checkers do this in almost any program).
>
> If I am right, this is not the debugger. Zend Studio (and also Eclipse)
> uses
> php to parse a php file. So it IDE can underline syntax and parse errors
> directly. I am not into Kate, but perhaps it is possible to add some kind
> of
> plugin? This could be helpful for other interpreted languages.

Quanta already notifies about XML errors, so the possibility exists, just
that I don't know how to "statically" detect PHP syntax errors without
using the external PHP application itself.

So yes, it is only a matter of implementation, and if anyone wants to do
it for $4500, he should send an application for the SOC 2006.

Andras

--
Quanta+ developer - http://quanta.kdewebdev.org