List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] KStuff server (beta)
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-04-21 20:30:40

On Friday 21 April 2006 6:32 am, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Before announcing to the wide public, I want to get some feedback from
> our precious users that are on this list about the newest web feature
> provided with Quanta: a server to store and share resources via
> KNewStuff.
> Please try and if you find errors or have comments, let me know.
> Short tutorial how to use it:
> 1) The currently available resources can be found on
> http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/resources.php
> 2) They can be downloaded from there manually or from Quanta with the
> various Download  ... menus, namely:
>   - DTD->Download DTEP package
>   - Toolbars->Download Toolbar
>   - context menu in the templates view: Download Templates
>   - context menu in the scripts tree: Download Script
>   - context menu in the documentation tree: Download Documentation (this
> will not work, as there are no documentations there and they cannot be
> uploaded from within Quanta)
> 3) Upload your resources. From the same places use the Upload...
> entries. Resources should be signed, if possible. Also they will not
> appear automatically, but require approval. As mail notification is not
> implemented, I have to check from time to time, if there were new files
> uploaded or not. If anybody wants to help with mail notification, let
> me know. What I need is that from a perl script I should get a mail.
> The server is debian and postfix is used.
>
> If no big problems are found, we will announce it. :-)
>
> Andras

Actually I want to make a full review and probably some minor tweaks prior to
announcement, but we have been wanting to complete this for some time. One
thing we will need as this grows is people to validate and approve packages.
We have one volunteer so far.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org