List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] German Umlaute
From:       Børge_Holen <borge () arivene ! net>
Date:       2006-04-21 17:12:03

On Friday 21 April 2006 18:53, Mark Volkert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it is a very nice thing to type german umlaute like "äöü" and quanta
> replaces it with &uuml; and so on.
>
> But sometimes I do XML and UTF8 stuff and would like to disable this
> convenience.

> Crucial question is: How to do that?
I've had some problems myself with the letters ( in my case the norwegian
keyboard) But I never had the problem that it translated the letters to code;
but I do seem to remember DW did this irritating stuff occationly.
Anyway, my letters just got transformed to garbish and I sorted that out with
this  choices:

Inside a Project already made: Project properties; first tab.
Within current document: Tools; encoding
Within editor (not sure whatever difference this makes): Settings; configure
editor; Open/save
Within Quanta; thus all new Projects I recon: Settings; configure Quanta;
environment

børge