List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta templates...
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-21 16:46:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 06:01, sol wrote:
> > basic.html , and others). So, how do I set it up so I can create
> > new documents based on my new template?
>
> Meh, never mind. I solved that problem. ;)
> So now, when I modify the template, how do I update the pages that
> are based on the template? Is there a way to add Edit Regions (or
> something similar to Dreamweaver's Editable Regions)?

There is some kind of tool in the scripts tab for DW templates, but
Quanta as it is doesn't support HTML templates like DW does (that when
you change the template the change is propagated to the other files).
The recommended solution is using PHP:
<? include ("yourtemplate.html") ?> where you include the template.

DW style template handling might appear in Quanta4, but not anytime
sooner, unless somebody does it with an external script (and I say
again, that script from the script tab might already do it, but I don't
know what it really does and how it works).

Andras