List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] segfault on create new project
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2006-03-16 20:45:05

Am Donnerstag, 16. März 2006 21:06 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> Yeah, this is what I was thinking of. There is some problem with listing
> the project files in the treeview (possible the project treeview).
> Something goes wrong and an infinite loop happens.

yes, seems so.

> Did you recompile kdelibs with debug info?

yes, I set the corresponding 'use-flag' (use-flags control the way apps are
copiled in gentoo) and I also saw '--enable-debug=full' passing by during
compilation.

> Just because according to the
> log it is still using one without debug info.

however, at the end of the process, the installer claimed to 'strip'
executables and shared objects, maybe this removed debug info again ?

> Ok, now some other questions: do you use FAM

yes, I'm starting famd via /etc/init.de

> or gamin? Search with ps
> for such processes and if you do, stop them. These are file monitoring
> deamons, which send signals if a file/directory changed and they are
> used by kdelibs if they are available. Just a try to see if they cause
> problems or not.

I'll do so tomorrow.

> I hope I don't ask too much from you (and don't take your time), but I
> want to find the real cause and as it doesn't happen on my machine, it
> is hard to do without you.

no problem.
I'm glad if I can contribute some to get quanta even better :)

werner