List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Testing required
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-05 8:10:32

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 05 March 2006 08:27, Carl Hartung wrote:
> On Saturday 04 March 2006 17:24, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  As Quanta from 3.5 branch got some big fixes during the last days
> > (and probably this trend will continue), I would like to request
> > everyone who is not afraid of compiling from source, to download
> > the latest snapshot from
> > ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/snapshots/ or better check out
> > the svn version according to
> > http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/faq.php#svn_version. (Use
> > svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kdewebdev .)
> >
> > The revision you get must be later than 515803 and Quanta should
> > identify itself as 3.5.2.
>
> Hi Andras, Hi All.
>
> I'm running a 'stock' SUSE 9.3 installation with KDE upgraded to
> 3.5.1 level "a". I've got this project underway in ~/kdewebdev/ and
> have some questions:
>
> First, I'd appreciate it if one of you could please tell me what
> flags/parameters are needed when I run ./configure so I can avoid
> hosing my system. It's an AMD K7 that seems generally happiest when I
> use i586 and i686 'flavor' rpms.

Nothing special. For SuSE I recommend:
 --prefix=/opt/kde3 --enable-debug=full

The last one to help in case of crashes, altough your binary will be
bigger. This will overwrite your SuSE version, but if you have real
problems (you shouldn't as 3.5.1 has much bigger ones), you could
simply reinstall the RPM.

> Is it necessary for me to uninstall my current version(s) of Quanta+
> and/or kdewebdev?
No, just overwrite it with the above one.

> Also, the revision I've downloaded is 515863 (in case that matters.)
It doesn't matter if the number is above 515803. It just means that
there were 60 more (not Quanta related) commits to the KDE subversion
server in the meantime.

Andras