List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] A 'Hello!' and brief question... [SOLVED]
From:       Carl Hartung <suselinux () cehartung ! com>
Date:       2006-02-17 5:01:39

From my first post:
> I can open single pages and work on them, but when I define or open a
> project, once I've finished adding files and folders to it, I click 'Next'
> and Quanta falls right over.

Hi All,

OK, I 'bit the bullet' and updated KDE to 3.5.1 level 'a' on this system
and... drumroll... no crashes when creating projects.

Also, having had several hours now to poke around while reading the
documentation, Quanta+ is *amazing*

Thank you for making such a great work environment available!

Quanta+ is *not* nvu, /that's/ for sure...

One click to edit source (*not* mangled, btw.) One click on the doc structure
plants the cursor where I need it *and* displays attributes neatly in a table
to the right. Make a little change in the source, File>Save and *one click*
preview (served by Apache2 at localhost) then *one click* to VPL editing mode
to clean up bad spelling / poor phrasing in a paragraph or two. After I found
the /internal/ documentation (duplicated externally in the SUSE help system,)
I clicked a link and found myself *browsing* in a pane inserted conveniently
below my editing window! How cool is that!? I could go on, but it's late.

OK, maybe this is what they call the 'honeymoon' phase, but I really think
this one's a "keeper".

Thanks again and good night!

Carl