List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta Digest, Vol 34, Issue 26
From:       Korky Kathman <kkathman () entdyn ! com>
Date:       2006-01-31 14:37:16

Andras thank you for your response.

In working on creating a Kubuntu Desktop Guide from the orignal Ubuntu source,
If you bring up any XML document, you'll notice that the DTD is

<!DOCTYPE preface PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN"
	"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.3/docbookx.dtd"

One difficulty is that I cannot seem to get this loaded into Quanta 3.5.  I
have looked at the DTD items under the menu option but dont seem to find a
way to get those aligned with this external DTD source. This could be the
biggest issue I have as you read on.  Some detailed instruction here might
help.  The progam seems to always want to load the HTML 4.01 Transitional.

Secondly, Ubuntu does not use the docbook standard that KDE does
(unfortunately).  So therefore the XML toolbars don't help too much. I have
loaded the one that simply has the XML validity check and the Xsltproc tab.
(Toolbars, load Global, docbook, xmltoolbar).

When I click the check-XML button, I typically choose DTD-external (again not
sure this is correct), then click the Validate.  The code spins in the
message area, but gives no valid or not valid check. I am assuming this goes
back to the fact that it doesn't know which DTD to validate against?

Finally clicking on the Xsltproc button, I check to use the current document
(in this case preface.xml), enter the source XSL (which is a very long
entered EVERY time you wish to regen.  I enter the output file to be
~/preface.html.   This produces no output file whatsoever.

Perhaps this gives you a bit to go on.  I have searched around, including the
KDE docbook info, which chronicles some usage, but perhaps isnt detailed
enough.  I appreciate your help.

Korky Kathman
Kubuntu Doc Team Member
(wiki.ubuntu.com/KorkyKathman)