List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] "File changed" dialogue nuisance
From:       James Ellis <james.ellis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-01-28 10:34:31

Hi Andras

Thanks for your help. I'm using Quanta 3.5 with:

kernel-2.6.12-1.1398_FC4
kdelibs-3.5.0-4.2.fc4.kde (from kde-redhat)

I try to avoid doing kernel updates unless there is a major reason why
(I have to reinstall my nvidia and wireless drivers). I'm moving to
Kubuntu soon so this may help things work better on the desktop.

The dialogue box appears when I try to save a new file that has been
added to the project. For one project I have, one file causes the
problem all the time, others only intermittently and some never cause
the problem. Closing Quanta sometimes helps, sometimes not.
Unfortunately there is no certain way to reproduce the bug!

I don't think it's the kernel bug as I have been using 3.5 for a while
now with no probs. It started when I recently did a kde 3.5.0 update
via yum.

I'll lodge a bug with the necessary details if you think this would help.

Cheers
James