List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] utf-8 or latin
From:       Daniel Bauer <linux () daniel-bauer ! com>
Date:       2006-01-27 17:30:21

Am Freitag, 27. Januar 2006 17:45 schrieb Onno Timmerman:> Andras,>> When I type in \
commandline> "recode latin1 ArosaPraline.php">> Then the encoding doesn't seem to \
work. I got dozens of these files that> need to be recoded.. Can you lend me an \
hand?>> Onno Maybe my proposal is a bit "non-expert-style", but I'd just change the \
settings in Quanta to save files in latin-1 and then use KFileReplace to replace the \
"wrong" characters by their "special-character-codes" (like "&auml;" for "รค" etc.). \
KFileReplace is very comfortable and if you - like I - don't have much knowledge in \
command line tools, I think it could help you. \