List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] File changed outside of Quanta error
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-02 10:08:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 01 December 2005 23:37, Chris Martin wrote:
> 1. Open a project
> 2. Edit a file and save
> 3. Open Cervisia plugin
> 4. Select the file you edited, Right click and select commit
> 5. Enter Log message and click OK
> 6. Click the tab to go back to the original file and file changed
> dialog appears

Not here. I tried with a local CVS server and with a remote one as well.
It works without the dialog, both with the integrated CVS commands and
the Cervisia plugin.
So some questions/ideas:
- try to upgrade kdesdk as well to 3.5.0
- does it happen if you use the integrated CVS commands (from the tab
context menu, for example)?
- what is your cvs client version? I have 1.12.12.
- is your project on a local disk or mounted from an nfs/samba share?
Try with a real local project, if it is mounted now.
- open the same file in an external editor (while it is opened in
Quanta) and add a new character to it and delete after (not undo) and
save. Does the dialog appear? (It shouldn't although the timestamp
changes.)

Other users, if you use CVS, please see if the dialog appears for you or
not. It appeared in 3.4.x, but I'm interested in 3.5.0 final or SVN
from the 3.5 branch.

>ps. What happened to the CVS options in the context menu, while in the
>file manager? It's not there anymore.
Oh, you did not had kdesdk-devel when you configured and compiled
Quanta. So first install this, otherwise you will not be able to test
the integrated version.

Andras