On Wednesday 23 November 2005 10:34 am, Phil Burness wrote: > On Wednesday 23 November 2005 09:12, Andras Mantia wrote: > > On Monday 21 November 2005 22:29, Phil Burness wrote: > > > Is there anyway of printing the list of variables that pop up when > > > typing a variable name into a document? > > > > I don't know a way to do it... You can see it in the structure tree, but > > I never thought it might make sense to put that list into the document. > > I could add some DCOP interface in the future to get the group elements > > from the tree, but do we really need it? I see it useful only for > > debugging purposes (of Quanta). > > > > Andras > > Really I want to do two things, firstly have a record of variables used, > and secondly to produce a data dictionary showing variable name, file used, > descriptive comment, typical value or value range. I was assuming if I > could print them I could get them into a file. I suppose I could do a grep > $ *.php > > | sort > varlist on the source files, but knowing you guys, you normally > | have > > a neater way of doing things..... You can integrate generated documentation into the project and there are programs out there that run and generate these docs. I think that would be the solution based on what you're saying. -- Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader http://quanta.kdewebdev.org _______________________________________________ Quanta mailing list Quanta@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/quanta