List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Updates and chages on pages
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-10-27 23:02:24

The other way of looking into it is to use a Content Management System
(CMS) such as Typo3 or Mambo... etc
Have a look at
http://www.opensourcecms.com
you can try most of them on this site...
The basic idea is that you can design up a site with this as your back
end and then have anyone update it (with permissions)... It works really
well here where we have brand managers who need to update the site
content (news, products, etc) and I do the HTML and CSS layout using Quanta
Typo3 is really easy to migrate to as it imports your existing pages
very nicely, but it takes a week or two to learn.

Otherwise Quanta's templates... or PHP Includes as you have found with
PHP's nl2br() function and other string functions are a quick and dirty
way of translating text to HTML for simple text..

Andrew Lowe
    System Administrator & Programmer
        Information Technology
            Manildra Group