List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Help is needed for compiling
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-10 23:09:31

On Sunday 09 October 2005 8:49 pm, Pine Sol wrote:
> I am trying to install kdewebdev-3.4.2 under Mandrake
> linux 10.0.

What is the KDE version? You can look at this from any KDE application. It
needs to be at least 3.3. Also make sure you are not running a development
version as released under the "Community" packages. If so you will see a non
standard version stamped with a date. The problem you are encountering is
with the code that manages MDI windows. It should not give a problem if you
are within the version requirements. The error your getting looks like this
may be the problem. If not then let us know.

Eric

> 1. $ ./configure --> good
>
> 2. $ make > make.out --> I got the following error
> messages.
>
> What do I need to do to correct these errors?

> [pine@host kdewebdev-3.4.2]$ make > make.out
>
> kmdimainfrm.cpp: In member function `void
> KMdiMainFrm::setToolviewStyle(int)':
> kmdimainfrm.cpp:1777: warning: `setIDEAlModeStyle' is
> deprecated (declared at kmdimainfrm.cpp:1742)
> In file included from kmdimainfrm.cpp:2938:
> kmdimainfrm.moc: In member function `virtual bool
> KMdiMainFrm::qt_invoke(int, QUObject*)':
> kmdimainfrm.moc:576: warning: `setIDEAlModeStyle' is
> deprecated (declared at kmdimainfrm.cpp:1742)
> kdockwidget.cpp:349:2: warning: #warning FIXME
> kmdidockcontainer.cpp: In member function `virtual
> bool KMdiDockContainer::eventFilter(QObject*,
> QEvent*)':
> kmdidockcontainer.cpp:252: warning: unused variable
> `KMultiTabBarTab*kmtbTab'
> ksavealldialog.cpp: In constructor
> `KSaveSelectDialog::KSaveSelectDialog(const
> KURL::List&, const KURL::List&, QWidget*)':
> ksavealldialog.cpp:65: warning: `setButtonOKText' is
> deprecated (declared at
> /usr/include/kdialogbase.h:917)
> ksavealldialog.cpp: In constructor
> `KSaveAllDialog::KSaveAllDialog(const QStringList&,
> QWidget*)':
> ksavealldialog.cpp:156: warning: `setButtonOKText' is
> deprecated (declared at
> /usr/include/kdialogbase.h:917)
> kfilereplaceview.cpp: In member function `void
> KFileReplaceView::slotResultDelete()':
> kfilereplaceview.cpp:282: error: 'class KStdGuiItem'
> has no member named 'del'
> make[3]: *** [kfilereplaceview.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader