List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] problems compiling kdewebdev 3.3.2 -Fixed
From:       brent <brent.heard () ic24 ! net>
Date:       2005-08-28 10:52:31

Hello all,

Many thanks to those of you who very kindly responded to my post.

I took the approach suggested by Carlos, and used Easy Urpmi and Mandrake
tools to download the missing packages and then installed the applications.

This works specifically with Mandriva distributions and in my case it has
served as an alternative to compiling kdewebdev3.3.2.

In the end, it was really quite simple.

Perhaps someone may find this useful, this is what you do,

Step 1.

erpmi is part of a command set which forms Mandriva's software package
management system.

EasyUrpmi website is a command line generator tool which can generate up to 6
url based package resource groups - you select the group and a suitable
mirror and it then generates the addmedia command. All you have do is copy
the command and run it from the root command line. The site contains no
instructions and gives no indication of what to do with the resources. So its
best to google for a howto for details.

In my case, I just selected all six and then copied them, one by one, to the
commandline on my machine.

The following is typical of the command line samples generated by EasyUrpmi,

urpmi.addmedia jpackage
ftp://ftp.caliu.info/pub/distribucions/mandrake/official/2005/i586/media/jpackage
with media_info/hdlist.cz

(   ..note: this is all one line)

thats all we need to do with EasyUrpmi

Step 2

With my package database updated, I looked for the missing applications.

I started by trying to find 'kdewebdev',

# urpmq --fuzzy kdewebdev
>kdewebdev
>kdewebdev-kfilereplace                  <-here's one
>kdewebdev-kommander                 <-here's another
>libkdewebdev0
>libkdewebdev0-devel
>libkdewebdev0-kfilereplace
>libkdewebdev0-kfilereplace-devel
>libkdewebdev0-kommander
>libkdewebdev0-kommander-devel

what about tidy?

# urpmq --fuzzy tidy
>jtidy
>jtidy-javadoc
>jtidy-scripts
>libtidy0.99
>libtidy0.99-devel
>perltidy
>php-tidy
>php5-tidy
>tidy                                                     <-this one I think

what about Kompare?

# urpmq --fuzzy Kompare
>no package named Kompare
>The following packages contain Kompare:
>kdesdk                                              <-maybe
>libkdesdk1
>libkdesdk1-devel

Step 3

Okay, all found, so lets install. Hence,

# urpmi kdewebdev-kommander
# urpmi kdewebdev-kfilereplace
# urpmi kdesdk
# urpmi tidy

note: urpmi will prompt to continue if dependancies are detected - so just
accept and continue.

Thats it. A piece of cake.