List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] 8016 error
From:       Dave Garcia <david.garcia () verizon ! net>
Date:       2005-08-11 1:31:11

Linus,

Okay, had to turn on telnet by going to 'system-config-securitylevel', but not
too hard once I figured out telnet wasn't on.

Anyway, typed in:

    $telnet localhost 8016

and this is what I got:

    "Trying 127.0.0.1...
    Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
    Escape character is '^]'.
    wait"

And it just sits there and waits.  (Note, I don't get the string you suggested
below.)  The funny thing is, if I go over to Quanta, and hit
'Debug->Session->End Session' while telnet is in this wait state, I get the
following:

    "die

    Connection closed by foreign host."

Again, to me, it looks like Quanta is running correctly.  Could it be MySQL
like you suggested?  Apache?  (I noticed there's a 'Listen 80' in the
httpd.conf file.  Hmm... added 'Listen 8016' in that file and couldn't
restart Apache, so I guess not!)

Lastly, I did not try "netcat" but I did try Nmap Security Scanner (NmpaFE) as
root with Quanta running, and when I change the 'Scanned Ports' from
'Default' to 'All', I get, PORT:'8016/tcp', STATE: 'open', SERVICE:
'unknown', so again Quanta is exonerated, right?!?

Ugh!

One good thing, this made me put Kmail/Kontact on my box so I can reply
easier! Did you notice! ;-)

Thanks,

--dave