List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] 8016 error
From:       Dave Garcia <david.garcia () verizon ! net>
Date:       2005-08-09 23:11:01

Linus,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  The good news, I did have a local
settings file, the bad news, still not working.  See my answers interspersed
within the text below.

--dave

PS Didn't know whether I should reply just to quanta, so I included you in the
email.  Also, couldn't figure out 'how to' reply, so I (don't laugh)
cut-and-paste from the archives, and put the ">" by hand.  Is there an
easier/preferred netiquette way?

> Hello!
>
> The error you get means the debugger is trying to connect to quanta on the
> same computer as the webserver. Is Quanta running on the same computer as
> the web server? If not - change/create a Gubed localsettings.php file.

Yes, Quanta is running on the same computer as the web server.  Sorry I didn't
mention that earlier.

I also had a localsettings.php file (which I thought 3d required--even for
local), which I've deleted.

> See step 3d of http://www.very-clever.com/quanta-gubed-debugging.php for
> instructions of this, only $gbdDebugServer should have the address to the
> computer running Quanta.

Since running on the same computer, I didn't do this (see above.)

> If the webserver is indeed running on the same server as Quanta, it means
> Quanta is not set to listen for debugger activity.

Okay, this is what I thought may be the problem...

> You will need to create a Quanta project and after it's created open the
> project settings. Select Gubed as debugger in the bottom part of the
> screen.

Did this before, but did it again...

> You'll also have to click to dislay the options of Gubed and configure it
> to your liking (make sure that its using the 8016 port there!).

Okay did this too before/again.

> After you've selected a debugger in the project dialog and clicked ok,
> Quanta should activate it immediately. You can verify by going to the menu
> "debug / Session / Start Session". If it's active, this menu will be grey,
> otherwise chose it.

Yes, Quata activated immediately, and checking debug / Seesion / Start
Session, the menu is grey.  This also happened before/again.

> Once Quanta is running with debugger activated, if it still doesent work,
> try to do a "netstat -l" and see if any program is using port 8016 and let
> me know.

Still doesn't work! :-(

When I do "nestat -l" WITH Quanta running, I get "8016" appearing only on one
line, like the following:

     "Active Internet connections (only servers)
     Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State
     .
     .
     tcp             0           0 *:8016             *:*               LISTEN
     .
     ."

When Quanta is NOT running, the string 8016 doesn't appear anywhere in the
nestat command output.

Note: I'm assuming per http://www.very-clever.com/quanta-gubed-debugging.php
(Steps 6a thru 6e), that the process is once I get Quanta running and the
debugger activated, I switch over to my web browser, navigate to the file I
wish to debug, then hit debug.  Right?  But, it is at this point (6e) that I
get the 8016 error.

Also, I've noticed (at any time) that I don't get all the buttons on the
Quanta debugger toolbar to light up.  I only get the first two, execute
showing every line and execute without showing every line. The next four
(step, step into, execute to eof, and step over [my naming]) are not
highlighted/enabled.  Is this right?