List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Handcuffed by FakePage:  No Quanta+ =(
From:       "Your Name" <xzano () xzano ! org>
Date:       2005-07-11 13:52:49

I have just taken over as official "webmaster" at a big site (not really
big, just big) and the original webdevelopment/design/admin has been
done from windows with the usual tools.  I learned html thanks to quanta
and have always used it for all my projects.  I really really feel sick
to my stomach when I am forced to use FrontPage, as now.

I have searched in the komander and Quanta +3.2 manuals to no avail.

The WebServer is IIS and resides outside of my office, even though I
have full access to the physical machine that goes by that FQDN/ip.
My Workflow is so messed up because I cannot get Quanta+ to connect me
to the site, since it has been opened up as a FrontPage Only site.

Konqueror is able to explore the filesystem fine (smb:/...), but they
are using some sort of asp/tunneling mojo that makes the webserver files
invisible to the filesystem - in fact I know for sure the site resides
on another external machine.  It is that machine FooPage connects to.  I
do have username and password for when it asks. Still, Quanta won't connect.

I have strained my Micro$ft muscle and have learned that they call this
a Web Folder, or Shared WebFolder; the kind that one adds with "add a
network place" in "My Network places" or something very similar.  FP is
able to authenticate me as I connect (using the FQDN) and then shows me
the webserver files.  I am splitting my head to make this work with Quanta.

Should I use other protocol with other port number?
Does someone know what port number FP uses?
would protocol: smb, port:X work on the NewProject wizard?
Is Quanta able to interact with the famous "FungPage extensions"?

My Linux Muscle is much stronger than M$'s side,
If someone has any recommendations I am listening... 8(

I have just joined the list.
many thanks.
-h