List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Accent problems in Fedora Core 3 and Quanta+
From:       Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <edson.richter () mgrinformatica ! com ! br>
Date:       2005-06-21 16:41:21

My OS is configured as

/etc/sysconfig/i18n:
LANG=pt_BR.iso-8859-1;pt_BR

I'm not opening a file in "iso 8859-1 mode"...

But let me know: your os is Fedora Core 3 too?
I've seen skeptikal people talking about "this doesn't happen here", but
they are using SuSE or Debian...

I think there is some outdated (or too recent) lib causing this
problem... I had no problems with Quanta until FC1.

Thanks,

Edson Richter

Andras Mantia escreveu:

>On Sunday 19 June 2005 22:59, Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:
>

>>My problem is that I can't type vowels with accents (like ç and ă) in
>>Visual Edit mode of Quanta Plus in Fedora Core 3.
>>I'm using iso-8859-1 enconding for my OS (it's mandatory because
>>compatibility of Windows apps).
>>

>I assume Visual Edit mode is VPL. Well, what I did is:
>-  loaded a file in iso 8859-1 mode
>- tried to type ă in VPL and it worked
>
>But you cannot save a document containing ă as iso 8859-1 as that
>character is not part of the standard. I think it is in iso 8859-2.
>
>Andras

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
MGR Informática Ltda.
Fones: 3347-0446 / 9259-2993