List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Accent problems in Fedora Core 3 and Quanta+
From:       Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <edson.richter () mgrinformatica ! com ! br>
Date:       2005-06-19 19:59:14

Hi!

I don't event know if this is already answered before. I have googled a
lot before decide to post this message here, so please be patient with me.

My problem is that I can't type vowels with accents (like ç and ã) in
Visual Edit mode of Quanta Plus in Fedora Core 3.
I'm using iso-8859-1 enconding for my OS (it's mandatory because
compatibility of Windows apps).
I has same problem with Scribus (I can't type accents in Frame text
directly), but not with any other KDE app here (KWord, KAlarm and other
works fine here).

I already tryied to use pt_BR.UTF-8 but no luck. I've tryied every
combination of enconding (/etc/sysconfig/i18n), but no luck. My desktop
manager is Gnome 2.8, and keyboard layout is ABNT2 (portugues brazilian).

Until now, only Quanta+ and Scribus show this problem.

Anyone faced this problem already?
I'll appreciate any help you could send to me.

--
Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
MGR Informática Ltda.

["edson.richter.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]