List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Quanta Project File + CVS
From:       Andreas Jeitler <ajeitler () edu ! uni-klu ! ac ! at>
Date:       2005-06-08 10:49:04

Hi everyone,

We use Quanta in conjunction with CVS tu produce a larger website edited
by serveral developers. As it seems, storing the quanta project file in
CVS often results in cvs-conflicts.

When does quanta read/write the project file?

Is there a paper to  check the internal structure of the file?

When using CVS, it seems to me not neccessary to have information like
"modifikation date" aso. stored in the project file, since this
information is handled by cvs. We use "local" as project protocal type.
Maybe a new protocol cvs with a more simple project file would be a
solution?

At the moment the easyest procedure for us is to delete the project file
before starting to work, check out the most actual version and starting
quanta afterwards. Same Procedure after the work. First quitting quanta,
to make sure changes to the project file have been saved, and afterwards
check in the new version. But this is not handy and brings problems when
two persens work at the same time.

By the way, there is only a "close project", but no "save project" in
the Menu.

Anyway, since the project file is simple text, there sould be no cvs
conflicts if the project file would be kept as simple as possible.

Ideas? Hints? Some quanta features i dont know? Some mails from the list
a have missed?

By the way, we are using 3.4.

Best regards,
Andreas.

         Andreas Jeitler
  . ___   e-mail: ajeitler@edu.uni-klu.ac.at
 /_\  |   sms:    andreas.jeitler@max.mail.at
/   \ |   www:    http://www.edu.uni-klu.ac.at/~ajeitler
    --'   pgp:    on request [subj: get pgpkey]
          icq#:   37859998