List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta + Fish -- how?!
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-18 0:18:26

On Monday 16 May 2005 16:52, Sean Schertell wrote:
> On Sunday 15 May 2005 11:43 pm, H. McManus wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 May 2005 18:11:39 +0900
> >
> > Sean Schertell <sean@datafly.net> wrote:
> > > By the way I have SSH  running on the remote server and can use ssh,
> > > rsync and scp from the shell  with no problems.  So how can I set
> > > Quanta's upload profile to connect to my  remote server securely?
> >
> > I know this won't solve the fish:// issue, but if you can ssh into the
> > remote server you should be able to sftp to it as well. sftp is
> > part of the ssh package.
> >
> > In the project upload box, choose sftp as the protocol.
> >
> > Or am I way off?
>
> I tried the sftp setting as well as the fish setting.  In both cases I got
> an error message my host "seems to be unaccessible.  Do you want to proceed
> with upload?".  After switching to regular FTP, upload works fine.
>
> Could this be a firewall issue?  I have SSH running on port 22 -- does Fish
> or SFTP run on a different port?
>
> Thanks!  Sean

You could do a port scan. It's possible to block them but the simple test
would be to try to log on with SSH from the shell and see if that works. If
it does then fish should work and if not you have another problem. If you're
using default ports you don't need to specify them but if not you do.

In the past there have been rare problems which would manifest themself as an
apparent timeout but I know of none at the time. The first thing would be to
verify the possibility to connect and the SSH in the shell test would be
first.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org