List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Starting a new project via sftp and feeling like
From:       charles <charlesd () aracnet ! com>
Date:       2005-04-20 16:24:17

Jens Herden wrote:
>>Project directory set to "home/webmaster/newsite" which sees
>>/home/webmaster/newsite symlink-ed to /home/http/newsite.  WooHoo!  So
>>far so good.
>
> Why a symlink?

I don't have read access to the /home/http directory and was having a
heck of a time browsing for new directories to add.

> This is a known bug in Quanta 3.3. There is a workaround that did help others
> and you may try it:
> type the complete path in the field main directory. Instead of
> home/webmaster/newsite use  sftp://webmaster@server/home/webmaster/newsite
> and do the same for the template and toolbars directory.

When I entered the complete path, I was getting:
sftp://webmaster@server/webmaster@server:/home/webmaster/newsite (with
the proper substitutions for @ and :).  So I managed to get the Browse
function to give me the correct information, which for some reason
overrode the doubling of the server information.

So, on to a second question:  When I add an image via sftp, the height
and weight are not populated as they are when adding a local image.  Is
this how it should be?

Quirky, but now it's working!

gracias,
-charles