List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Starting a new project via sftp and feeling like a moron...
From:       charles <charlesd () aracnet ! com>
Date:       2005-04-19 19:46:33

Hi list,

Recent convert to Quanta here (emacs just wasn't doing it for me any
more).  Using Quanta 3.3.1 on FC3 (can provide more information, but not
sure it's relevant).

I'm starting to seriously feel like a moron here and am not at all sure
what I'm doing wrong.

So I try to start a new project via sftp.  I insert the hostname,
Username, and password.  Then I stumbled a bit on the directories, but a
quick symlink solved that problem.

Username: webmaster

Project directory set to "home/webmaster/newsite" which sees
/home/webmaster/newsite symlink-ed to /home/http/newsite.  WooHoo!  So
far so good.

So I try to finish the wizard and get an error "cannot open file for
writing" ftp://webmaster@server/project.webprj.  Well, of course I do, I
don't have write permissions to /.  So how do I get it to save the
.webprj file to the correct directory?

Once I get that done, how do I get my laptop to recognize that remote
project.webprj file as my project file of choice?

-charles