List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Two issues when setting up a new Project
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-04-03 17:08:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 03 April 2005 16:29, Spiro Angeli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> two issues with Quanta when setting up a new Porject:
>
> 1) When I set the project as Local, select Use wget to download,
> accepting the default wget string it downloads 1/3 of all directories
> and subdirectories starting from the www home. How come?

wget has a flag to limit the recursion when getting files via links:
--level=5 is the default used. Increase the level if you have deeper
links.

> What to do
> so that I can wget entirely all that relates to my web site? Do I
> have to use another application to ftp all my data rather than using
> Quanta to do so?

If wget fails to get some files, you can always use any other ftp client
to get them.

> 2) On Step 3, on Project Defaults what Default encoding  should I
> use? Do I have to set what my /etc/locales.build is set to?

You should use the encoding that is valid for the language of your
pages. If it's English iso-8859-1 is fine. For Eastern European
languages iso-8859-2 is good. For general purpose utf8 is preferred. Be
sure that your web server is set up that way that it provides the files
with the correct encoding. I saw setups where utf8 documents were
provided as iso-8859-1 which confused the browsers.

> As for HTML, which is the most preferred or how to learn what is it
> among: HTML 4.01 Frameset, Strict, Transitional?

I think the suggested is some XHTML variant. ;-) But of course use the
one that matches your documents. I think Transitional is the most
relaxed regarding the rules.

> 3) When completing the three steps, the application crashes and
> provides this error:
>
> Unable to create a valid backtrace
>
> This backtrace appears to be of no use.

Right. What is your Quanta's version? Also give some details about what
did you do/entered in the new project dialog and if the crash is
reproduceable or not.

> This is probably because your packages are built in a way which
> prevents creation of proper backtraces, or the stack frame was
> seriously corrupted in the crash.

Yes, you should compile yourself in this case and give the
--enable-debug=full to configure to get an usable backtrace.

Andras

PS: Please subscribe.