List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] turn off file properties when hover in project files list
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-02-25 1:27:45

Hi Crystle,

> I find the file properties pop up (lists name, owner, permissions, etc.)
> when your mouse hovers over a file in the project file list or files
> tree to be a nuisance.
>
> Is there a way to turn this off? I've looked through all the options in
> the Settings menu, but none seem to fit.

Yes there is a way to do this and no this is not possible in the GUI yet,
sorry I forgot to implement this.

Please do as follows:

- exit Quanta (very important, otherwise your changes will get destroyed)
- open ~/.kde/share/config/quantarc
- search for the line [ProjectTreeView]
- add after this line a new line: ShowToolTips=false
- save the file and restart Quanta

BTW. this is also valid in the sections [ScriptTreeView], [TemplatesTreeView]
and [FilesTreeView] !

Andras, this might be something for the FAQ?

Jens