List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Quanta/XML editor/win32
From:       "dominique.papin" <dominique.papin () infodia ! fr>
Date:       2005-02-21 11:34:25

hello,

Let me first tell you "bravo" for the great developement here in
quanta/kdewebdev.

this weekend, I was looking carefully at your soft and his features.
these are really close
to my needs. After a try tour and reading all docs I could find, I'm
starving of information.
Not as a user but as a developper. That's why I post to this list.

I have to deliver an XML editor with basically  three views all
synchronized :

    * a DOM-tree view
    * a source view
    * a VPL view

Quanta seems to fit well with this. Plus, it is tied with xmllint to
validate, it has an attribute widget, etc., all of that also required
for my editor.
It would be a choice  for us to base our dev on quanta.

But as there is always a but, two big questions are left :

   1. Quanta is available on linux but based on kdelibs. And kdelibs are
      in the process to be ported to win32 [1] . Kexi a high-level app
      has even already been ported to win32 with the kate part. What do
      the core developpers of Quanta think about the work needed to also
      port Quanta to win32 ? Which kdelibs Quanta depends on ? I need a
      win32 port and would be glad to work on it if developpers feel
      it's a realistic task.
   2.   How does precisely VPL works ? As for now, VPL is available only
      for HTML/XHTML. Would it be possible to extend the VPL support to
      some new XML/DTD couple ? And, how ?

Maybe, I missed some developper docs and if so excuse me for the asking
and point me please to the docs.

A+ dominique

[1] kdelibs for win32
<http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDElibs+for+win32>