List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Google rejecting IPv6 mails
From:       Dominik George <nik () naturalnet ! de>
Date:       2013-10-13 19:26:12

> There is, in fact, no reliable lsit of *all* mail hosts that will ever
> (as in, for a long time in the future) be the sending MTAs of
> Google-hosted domains.

Apart from that, I am tired of implementing exceptions for each and
every big proprietary mail provider out there. If a company desires to
take part in federated e-mail communicaiton, I expect them to set up
there stuff the way others expect it. If there setup is too huge to
manage it without awkward tricks, like Google dynamically assigning
roles to servers and not even reliably using subnets, whatever, for
certain roles, then they are by definition not up to the task of
operating it, be it for conceptional or personnel limitations. If we go
ahead and teach all _other_ mail systems to fit their needs, we
effectively do the work their customers pay them for.

I am close to deciding not to opt-in to that and simply not accepting
their mail if I can't using standard configurations.

-nik

--=20
# apt-assassinate --help
Usage: apt-assassinate [upstream|maintainer] <package>

PGP-Fingerprint: 3C9D 54A4 7575 C026 FB17  FD26 B79A 3C16 A0C4 F296