List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Send email for users from any location
From:       Peter <peter () pajamian ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2013-07-09 5:34:12

On 07/09/2013 05:13 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 212.179.241.14 is the address where my desktop is located, and bzq-*
> obviously by the name refers to my ISP (Bezeq). It seems that even
> with submission enabled, Postfix wants the IP address whitelisted in
> "mydomains". I don't even see in the logs that Postfix bothered
> checking the submission credentials, it rejected bases on IP address
> before even getting that far.

This simply means that either your email client is not correctly
configured to send SASL AUTH credentials, or postfix is not correctly
configured to receive them.  There is more to SASL AUTH than just
enabling submission.  See http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html for
more info.

> What else must be configured to remove the IP address whitelist and go
> right to the submission credentials check?

You can remove permit_mynetworks if you want, there is nothing wrong
with this, but it won't solve your problem, your problem is what I
stated above.

> http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixAndDovecotSASL
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Postfix

Read the SASL_README document I linked to above.

Peter