List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] KDE Paste Applet
From:       Michael Samuel <mik () miknet ! net>
Date:       2013-06-13 0:02:38

Ok, so the fix for this uses KRandom::random()...

I suggest leaving the KDE Paste fix as-is and replacing KRandom with
something that just fills an integer from /dev/urandom - then we can save a
few CVE numbers for the rest of the year.

qrand() should probably also do the same, especially since cnonces for HTTP
auth are using it - that means there's only 2^32 (at best) possible
cnonces...

Regards,
  Michael