List:       openbsd-misc
Subject:    Re: Help
From:       "Peter N. M. Hansteen" <peter () bsdly ! net>
Date:       2015-12-14 18:00:13

On 12/13/15 14:27, Siu Man wrote:

> I have very old computer need OpenBSD 4.6 i386. I try to build PHP for apache2
> but can not find suhosin-patch-5.2.10-0.9.7-openbsd.patch.gz

Actually, I don't think the minimum hardware requirements for running
OpenBSD on i386 moved very much in the six years since 4.6 was released.

That said, given a choice of upgrading past 12 releases and doing a
fresh install and reintroducing the stuff that's actually needed for
your scenario by hand I'd almost certainly choose the latter. Consider
the fact that you'll forget stuff you (or somebody else) have added over
the years and that way clean out accumulated useless cruft a bonus by
all means. And at least for my modest php needs (mainly nfsen), the base
httpd (introduced in OpenBSD 5.6) does quite nicely.

> Other I like to find OpenBSD on Raspberry_Pi2.  If you need it then I can
> shipping a new one + 32G microSD card to OpenBSD
>
> How to install OpenBSD on Raspberry_Pi2.

The small form factor, low energy consumption and price makes the Rpis
attractive, sure, but the Raspberry Pis are not currently supported by
OpenBSD, and for various reasons are not likely to be (check the mailing
list archives).

But then again, hardware that's pretty much on par with the Rpis
performance-wise can be had for free almost anywhere these days. Those
things that may even be slightly newer than OpenBSD 4.6 would possibly
consume more energy than the Pi, but the hardware is much more likely to
be fully supported.

Now, as Jiri said already, what's the real problem you need help solving?

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.bsdly.net/ http://www.nuug.no/