List:       mplayer-dev-eng
Subject:    Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Make ffmpeg MPEG1/2 decoder the default?
From:       Bernhard =?iso-8859-1?q?Rosenkr=E4nzer?= <bero () arklinux ! org>
Date:       2008-03-20 11:07:38

On Thursday 20 March 2008 10.06:58 Nico Sabbi wrote:
> I watched hundreds of dvds with -vc  ffmpeg12 and I can assure you
> that it worked perfectly, never breaking once; on the other side
> I had occasional breakages with -vc mpeg12

I haven't had problems with -vc ffmpeg12 either, but last time I checked (a
couple of weeks back), -vc mpeg12 would adjust to a 4:3<->16:9 change in the
middle of a stream (e.g. when switching movies in a DVB-S stream) while -vc
ffmpeg12 would result in a badly stretched video after the aspect ratio
change. Has this been fixed?