List:       linux-server
Subject:    Re: Mylex/BusLogic SCSI adapters in the UK
From:       Arnt Gulbrandsen <agulbra () TROLL ! NO>
Date:       1998-11-24 16:24:59

Malcolm Beattie <mbeattie@SABLE.OX.AC.UK>
>  I haven't seen any
> other HBA with quite the same universal reliability reputation for
> Linux as BusLogic. Can anyone sing the praises of any other?

My situation is a bit like yours.  Basically, Buslogic adapters
haven't been on sale in Norway since Mylex took over Buslogic.
(Adaptec and Mylex use the same distributor, which Adaptec reputedly
leans on.)  Seems Mylex has a job to do wrt. distribution...

I've now bought a couple of Tekram something-390 ones, on strong
recommendations, and they seem good so far.

> (I'm
> looking for something preferably like "I'd bet my grandmother's
> life on ..." rather than "I've had a single Foo card in a small
> server which has worked OK this last year" :-).

The former sentence seems to rhyme better with "Mylex DAC960" than
"Tekram mumble390", if you see what I mean :)

--Arnt