List:       lilypond-user
Subject:    Re: Doubled entries with partcombiner
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2015-04-08 16:18:20

Dear Urs,
I'm using a tag for those items:

     r8 r8 c,8(-\tag #'non-partcombine \pp | % 91
     d4) cis8 | % 92

And then in the partcombine call, I filter out that tag:

    \partcombine{\removeWithTag #'non-partcombine
\VChorSIMusic}{\removeWithTag #'non-partcombine \VChorSIIMusic}

However, in many cases, the voices can actually be combined, but the
partcombiner simply does not detect this. E.g.

Voice 1:
   d2\< c2 | c1\!\ff
Voice 2:
   h2\< a4 g | a1\!\ff

Due to the different rhythm, the partcombiner will keep this apart by
default. Some explicit \partcombineChordsOnce solve the double dynamics
issue in this case (and provide better partcombining):
Voice 1:
   \partcombineChordsOnce d2\< c2 | \partcombineChordsOnce c1\!\ff
Voice 2:
   h2\< a4 g | a1\!\ff

Best regards,
Reinhold