List:       lilypond-devel
Subject:    Re: Issue 4345 in lilypond: Patch: Part combiner: allow a2 chords
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () kainhofer ! com>
Date:       2015-04-20 13:54:43

Dear Kristof,

Am 2015-04-20 um 11:16 schrieb Kristof Bastiaensen:
> I have a hard time to believe that anyone actually uses the part combiner
> seriously, but please prove me wrong.

I'm using the partcombiner with all my orchestral scores. For an example
see my edition of Schubert's Stabat Mater D.383:
https://gitlab.com/edition-kainhofer/0002_schubert_stabatmater_d383/blob/master/out/Schubert_StabatMater_D383_Score_Full.pdf

Of course, I had to frequently override the partcombiner's decisions
using \partcombineApart, \partcombineChordsOnce, etc., but that's to be
expected from any kind of automatic decision system (be it strictly
rule-based as the current partcombiner, or heuristics-based as your
version).

Best regards,
Reinhold