On Mon, 27 Mär 2000, Paul HoHo wrote: > >AGP adds another 256MB, that's where those numbers are coming from. > I know this thread is going off-topic, but when you say AGP adds another > 256MB, is that literally true? think again. I only have 256MB RAM (no swap). If it would use 256MB of RAM, do you think I could boot up my system? ;-) > but does this mean that once I > upgrade my kernel, X is going to be using 256MB more of RAM? No. it uses 256MB of your address space. But as you have 2GB on common intel machines, it doesn't hurt. Dirk