List:       licq-main
Subject:    Re: [Licq-main] Re: invisible bug
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-03-26 19:50:55

On Son, 26 Mär 2000, Tim Terlegård wrote:

> If Spove goes offline, I will never notice, he will always be online for
> me.

Right. That's because the server doesn't send us the offline status update,
so we won't notice.

> Is this proper behaviour?

Well. The way to make it more intuitive would be to ignore the TCP status
if the user is reported as offline by the server.

on the other side, you would never notice if an invisible user requests your
away response and I think there are enough users who like this "bug" ;-)

Graham?

Dirk