List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: A doubt on language-specific indentation settings
From:       Andrew Udvare <audvare () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-11-24 10:46:40

> On 2014-11-24, at 02:33, Miquel Sabaté <mikisabate@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I know that. That's what I tried to accomplish: set a .kateconfig for the root of \
> my project with the indentation settings that I wanted. But it turned out that the \
> general indentation settings for C++ override any local .kateconfig that I may have \
> :/

I think something could be wrong here. What does your .kateconfig file look like? \
Unless there is a bug to open regarding .kateconfig/mode lines and having custom \
overriding rules for a language (and not global Kate settings). Do you have custom \
rules set for C++? Mode lines and .kateconfig should be first priority if I am not \
mistaken.

I do not have any specific rules for YAML but for one project (Ansible playbook, \
mostly YAML and Jinja2 templates) I set the .kateconfig to use 2 spaces instead of 4:

kate: tab-width 2; indent-width 2; replace-tabs on; eol unix

That pro-tab project:

kate: indent-width 4; newline-at-eof true; remove-trailing-spaces all; replace-tabs \
false; replace-tabs-save false; show-tabs false; tab-width 4

Note there's also a setting about how far back Kate will search for a .kateconfig. In \
the settings dialog, under Editor Component -> Open/Save -> Advanced tab. My 'Search \
depth for config file' is set to 9, but I think in KDevelop I have it set to 15 or \
so.

Andrew