List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: [ktexteditor] /: Merge new default styles for KDE Frameworks5
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2014-03-03 21:10:03

On 2014-03-03 15:51, Philipp A. wrote:
> Your arguing is completely pointless, because ~/.config5 is just an idea to
> keep your KF5 alpha config separate from more stable parts of your system.
> It's your own choice if and how you do it.

Except it isn't; it's telling *anything launched in that environment*
(that is XDG conforming, anyway) to be separate from a "normal"
environment. *Not* just KF5.

E.g. if I run konsole from KF5 and then run firefox from that konsole, I
am going to be surprised when FF has none of my settings.

(And "config5" is still IMO a terrible suggested default.)

--
Matthew