List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: "File has changed on disc" mess
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2002-07-25 23:59:13

On Thursday 25 July 2002 5:13 pm, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Don't worry, if we remove it, we replace it with a better working one.

Thanks :)

When you do make the improvements can you investigate whether or not a modest
difference in time between a server and a client workstation could confuse
the detection mechanism? When my server's time and my workstation's time were
off slightly, Kate would ask to reload documents even when it was in fact the
last to modify them (supposedly because the server's reported modification
timestamp was different than what Kate thought it should be).

Let me know if I didn't make sense - it's been a long day and my brain is
jellified.

Sean.

--
Digital Spinner, Inc.
Cutting edge web design and applications development.