List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: [Kwin] New requested KWin features for KDE3.3
From:       Luciano Montanaro <luciano.montanaro () consulenti ! fastweb ! it>
Date:       2004-02-17 11:20:14

On Monday 16 February 2004 18:30, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  I'm slowly starting to think about new features I'd like to implement in
> KWin for the next version,	so in case there's something you'd like to see
> in KWin, now it might be a good time :). I mean developer things (i.e.
> something like 'more types of buttons in titlebar in the decoration API' or
> similar), but in case you know something for which just adding it to
> bugs.kde.org as a wish wouldn't do for some reason, I wouldn't mind either.

Probably you are already aware of it, but it would be great to have support
for this:

http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/CompositeExt

Also, having a standard way to chose which of the window actions to add to the
title bar would be handy.

Finally, I have been thinking of different kinds of spacers, that could
eliminate the need of the title alignment options:
a stretchable spacer on the left would right-align the title in the title bar,
while stretchable spacers on both sides would center it.

This part has not much to do with kwin specifically, mainly with decoration
conventions and the kcm module.

Luciano