List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: [Kwin] kwin performance (kde 3.2b2)
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2004-01-16 15:23:31

On Wednesday 07 of January 2004 13:17, aviv bergman wrote:
> >  Interesting ... it seems to make things worse here,
>
> both according to CPU
>
> > monitor and my feeling, and seems about the same as
> > Metacity (which has False
> > in the grab as well) *shrug*.
>
> higher CPU usage actually proves kwin loses events:

 No, in fact I believe changing owner_events to True makes KWin loose some
events, which may explain the speedup for you. I'm afraid this is too
complicated issue to do to change it now. And even after 3.2, I think a
proper solution would be compressing some events inside KWin, more than it's
done now.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer