List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: [Kwin] PATCH: KStep titlebar button placement
From:       Cristian Tibirna <tibirna () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-26 2:01:46

On Tuesday, 23 April 2002 14:59, Keunwoo Lee wrote:
> Solution:
>   Attached patch to make KStep honor custom titlebar buttons.  This
>   patch should be run within kwin/clients/kstep/

Excellent, thanks very much.

> BTW for the help bitmap, I copied the question mark from the default
> window style.  For the maximize bitmap, none of the existing buttons from
> other styles was suitable (for one thing, KStep's minimize button looks a
> lot like typical maximize buttons).  So, I drew one up quickly.  I like
> the one I chose---I think it's clean and fits well with the other KStep
> window buttons---but feedback is welcome.  Some alternate button designs
> are shown in the comments.

Well, my gripe with the max button is that it _is_ different from the others.
It's the only button using 1pixel wide lines. Anyways, I agree that the
minimize button is completely ugly (I believe it tries too much to resemble
the original Next WM).

So, in the end I commited your (second, corrected) patch as is. If you ever
create some better minimize button, just let us know.

Thanks a lot.

--
Cristian Tibirna .. tibirna@sympatico.ca
PhD student .. ctibirna@giref.ulaval.ca .. www.giref.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna