List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] C++ programmer wanting to help out with Kopete
From:       "ian h" <arcaneninja () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-10-14 15:54:37

I'm interested in getting Kopete to be more dbus aware. I'd probably
start with system ( acpi interfaces+,?) along with network
(Network_Manager) status. It seems to be pretty straight forward and a
good way to learn the tool and flow of the project.

Once those were working, I would move on to things like remote
bookmarks (Jabber: XEP-0048: Bookmark Storage) which would allow kde
to get have the same "Google bookmarks" ability as the Firefox
extension. Eventually I want to get XML-RPC over Jabber (XEP-0009:
Jabber-RPC / XEP-0050: Ad-Hoc Commands) and any other protocol that
supports it working. I'm sure latter two items would involve making
sure the IM libraries and protocols supported it and probably require
interfaces be created.

Now that you know what i would like to do, what and who do I need to
know to get up to speed and start helping out the Kopete project.

Thanks
Ian Hollander