List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: PopUp Bug ?!?
From:       Luciano Montanaro <luciano.montanaro () consulenti ! fastweb ! it>
Date:       2005-08-18 10:15:32

El Jueves 18 Agosto 2005 11:52, Anes Lihovac escribió:
> Hi
>
> I just discoverd that JavaScript PopUp's (window.open(.....))
> doesn't work correct. The PopUp is being rendered in the frame
> which called it.
> Is this a bug ?

No, the behaviour is intentional. There is a widget on the right of the
toolbar that lets you go back and forth between the views.
Konqueror embedded is targeted at devices with small screens, and possibly
without a window manager, where having more than one window opened is not
useful. Besides, any requested window size would probably be too large for
typical devices - unless pages are designed for a particular device.

Anyway, you can subclass MainwindowBase and override this behaviour, if you
need that. Have a look at konq-embed/src mainwindowbase.*and mainwindow_*.*
to see what can be done.

Luciano